Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 8, 2012



I have a little sister, who is not so little anymore. In fact she is a senior in high school, and already trying to plan out where she is headed to college, and what she is going to do and be when she grows up! Doesn't seem possible that she is as old now as I was when she was born!!

I have very fond memories of her growing up. Even though I had started to "leave the nest" I still remember lots of funny things about having such a little girl surrounded by so many older siblings.

One of my favorite memories of her is watching her sit around the table doing HER "homework" after school with everyone else.

I guess things have truly come full circle now! Keric brings home a "homework" page each Tuesday and Friday and is always so excited to get home and start working on it. For whatever reason yesterday he didn't finish his homework, so today when Cam and Reag got home from school and I told them to get started on their homework, Keric immediately went and found HIS homework and sat at the table doing homework with Cam and Reag.

I guess he kind of knows the homework drill, because after his coloring was done, and he had practiced writing his 9's he brought his paper over to me and asked me to help him with his spelling words. LOL

So I made up a little spelling list for him to practice and we practiced his spelling words while Reagan practiced hers.

Keric's words for this week were: Keric, Mom and Dad. He is actually doing really good at spelling his name on his own! I'm so proud of him! The Mom and Dad...well we will keep working on that I guess. Hopefully he will pass his test this week! ;)

Next he ran upstairs and found a book in his book shelf and came downstairs to start his reading. He was totally cracking me up as he was sitting on the couch so seriously reading his book. Every once in awhile he would yell into the other room "please be quiet, I reading!"

I know that just like with Cicly, time will fly by too quickly, and before I know it, not only will Keric be studying spelling words, and reading books for real...but the filling out of college applications and mission papers will be following closely behind!

Why can't we just stop time every once in awhile and hold onto things for just a loittle bit longer? It all just goes by too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment