Sunday, February 19, 2012

February 19, 2012



The "Mickey Bathroom" has been done for about a week now, but the paint we used was supposed to cure for about 4 weeks!!

Well..we didn't have 4 weeks, but we did make the kids stay out of it for another week! Every time anyone pressed on the paint it left a finger print and I was fairly certain letting them loose in the bathroom would result in walls FULL of tiny, permanent fingerprints, so we continued to be a one bathroom family for another week!

Today however we decided to let Keric FINALLY take a bath in his Mickey Bathroom. Poor boy asks every single day if he can take a bath in there. He loves his bathroom, and will show it to ANYONE who will let him! :)

When Chris told him that today was finally the day he could take a bath in his bathroom, he said "What about a shower?" I was a little shocked he even asked to take a shower, because he is NOT a fan of getting his face wet, and the times that I have had him take a shower with Chris to save time, it's been a major fight full of tears and screams the entire time.

He was insistent that he wanted to take a "Mickey Shower" and not a "Mickey Tubby Time" so we told him OK. Chris put him in the shower, helped him turn it on, and kind of guided him on what to do from outside the shower.

I was totally shocked, he took a shower ALL by himself. He washed his own hair, washed himself, rinsed himself off, and turned the water off. He didn't even get upset about having water in his face or eyes.

It's a simple and silly little thing to be so excited about, but I can't believe that my little boy is getting so big and more and more independent each day. What am I going to do if our "Tubby Time's" stop? I am seriously going to be sad! Maybe he'll let me give him a bath still once in awhile?

Good thing I have another little boy on the way who will HAVE to let me give him tubby times!

No comments:

Post a Comment