Saturday, February 4, 2012

February 4, 2012


Yesterday Chris started prepping the bathroom for paint. Earlier this week he re-did the caulking and let that set and dry, and then today he started taping. The plan was that he would do the prep work, and I would paint the walls.

Well...lets be honest. As much as I honestly really DID want to paint the walls, I have had little to NO painting experience, and even though people make it look easy, I'm sure it is far from it.

When it got right down to it, me climbing up on ladders, walking around the rim of the tub/shower, and trying to kneel on the vanity was probably not the smartest of ideas. I mean we all remember the dusting of the light fixtures incident around Christmas time right? I still have a bump on my ankle from that little trip and fall.

As big as my belly is, and as bad as my balance is with and I suppose even without the belly, we decided Chris would paint the bathroom. He was willing to do the high parts, but that's just silly to do part of it, and have another person do another part. Just paint it and be done.

In true Christopher fashion, the poor guy was up until 6:30 a.m. this morning finishing up the paint! Poor guy!! I don't know how he does these all nighter projects!

The bathroom looks beautiful! I seriously LOVE the color, and again my pictures don't do it any justice! Chris took the light fixture out, so I tried to get a picture with the natural light coming in, but it still looks a little weird in the picture, sorry.

So I guess you'll just have to trust me that it's very pretty, and I'm really excited about everything coming together! I'm not the only one who is excited...Keric is beside himself with excitement! He even prays for his Mickey Bathroom every night in his prayers. Silly boy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment