Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012



Today was another 2 week Dr.'s appointment in SLC with Dr. Holmes. I sort of had a feeling that today's appointment would be a little different. Not that anything "bad" would happen, just something you kind of know in your gut, but need to hear from your Dr.

I believe Dr. Holmes exact phrase was "You're growing one big baby in there aren't ya?" Yep...I'm huge!! No hiding that fact!!

I am measuring 4cm bigger than I should be right now, and even though I had lost a little bit of weight this time, Carson is estimated to weigh about 6lbs right now. It's sort of weird to think that he weighs MORE right now than Keric weighed when he was born at just under 36 weeks!

I have an ultra sound scheduled for Monday Feb. 13, and I think the results of that ultra sound will most likely determine my fate.

There of course is an off chance that I just have a lot of fluid, but I don't know? I don't have any swelling, and I haven't hardly gained any weight. I'm not sure that I just have lots of fluid is honestly going to be the outcome.

I have been having some contractions off and on. Nothing really major or consistent, but contractions non the less.

So our conversation with Dr. Holmes was basically that depending on the ultra sound, Carson may come early on his own, due to his size and the contractions that I have been having, or she may end up taking him early via C-section because of his size. She said she didn't want to risk hurting my new hip trying to deliver a 10 pound baby. I'm glad, because I really don't want to mess up my hip!! ouch!

Of course no one knows what my body would have done or will do naturally since I had to be induced with Keric, but I'm hoping that the C-section thing can be avoided if at all possible!

If that is what is best for Carson, then so be it...I of course will do it, and I will be as happy as I can about it. :) However my ideal situation, at least in my thinking today, would be that I just "naturally" go into labor around 36 weeks and deliver a half way normal sized baby on my own!

Right now I think Chris and I are trying to mentally prepare ourselves for a C-section outcome. Guess now all we do is wait. I'm GREAT at waiting as we ALL know!

No comments:

Post a Comment