Saturday, February 25, 2012

February 24, 2012



Today was a big day for me and Carson. Today was my 35 week and 1 day Dr.'s appointment. We were going to find out if he was still breech, and whether or not a C-section would be the way to go.

Our appointment was early in the morning, so poor Keric had to miss pre-school today. He didn't seem to mind too badly that he wasn't going to get to go, but he may have forgotten that he was supposed to go, I'm not sure! ;)

We got to the Dr.'s office around 8:50 a.m. and waited for my name to be called. I got my blood pressure taken, and much to my surprise it was "perfect" according to the nurse! PHEW! Bed rest avoided for another week!!

Then came my favorite part...weigh in. I've gained a total of 7lbs this pregnancy! Not exactly what my intention was...I was hoping to LOSE weight this pregnancy, but I will say I am much happier with the 7lbs gained with Carson than I was with the 30+
pounds I gained with Keric! *sigh*

Then it was back to the room we went. Dr. Holmes came in and asked how everything was going and how I was feeling. Besides being exhausted and totally un-motivated to do just about anything and everything, I feel pretty good. I still have some sleepless nights, the occasional heartburn, which I have NEVER had before, and of course just the normal aches and pains that come with being way too big and pregnant, but heck...woman do this everyday! I don't have too much to really complain about.

She asked me if Carson had turned yet, and I said "I really don't think so. I still feel him literally dancing on my bladder, and I felt his head up in my ribs just last night." She felt around and said "Lets get the ultra-sound machine and see what's going on." She left and came back a few minutes later. I was SURE I knew what she would see, his head up by my ribs.

I kind of held my breath as she put the little wand on my stomach and there it was! Plain as day, his head, down in my pelvis! I was totally shocked! She said "He turned! There's his head, pointed down!" I swear the little monkey did it in the time she left the room to get the machine and came back! I wanted to cry! He did it!! He did it on HIS timeline, but he did it! How could I be upset about a child of mine doing something when he was ready, and waiting until the last minute? I mean seriously...Is that not what I do on a daily basis??

My blood pressure being good, the fact that Carson is in the right position AND I am dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced has changed things! To quote Chris "Wow! That kind of progress took at least 2 hours of being on a Pitocin drip last time!" I think two hours is being on the kind side...it was probably more like 4 or 5, but yeah...he's right. With Keric, my body simply had NO IDEA what to do with itself! Maybe it learned a few things with Keric?

Dr. Holmes said we could move ahead and try for a normal delivery. He is still on the big side, but she said as long as there is no risk in hurting my hip...we can go for it!

NO C-SECTION!!?!?! It was almost too good to even be true! I thought I had come to grips with that reality, and had almost become OK with things. I wasn't happy about it, but I figured if that's what was best for me and Carson, then I would get myself mentally prepared and go ahead with the plan.

Now I don't have to think that way, or at least I don't have to think that way for this week. The odds of him turning back around are slim, but still a possibility. Hopefully that won't happen. I suppose my blood pressure could get bad again this week too, but I'm going to think positive and keep praying that things will work out the way they are supposed to, and we will have a new little boy join our family sometime in the very near future!

Good job Carson!! Thank you for making your Mommy's life just a little easier today! xxoox

No comments:

Post a Comment