Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 15, 2012



When I was a little girl my Dad used to tell us that he could tell how tired we were just by looking in our mouths. He would line us all up, have us say "awww" and then respond with things like "Oh my goodness, I can't believe how tired you are!" Being the trusting person that I am I fully believed that my Dad could tell how tired I was just by looking into my mouth.

I don't know how old I was before I finally figured out that my Dad could NOT tell how tired I was by looking in my mouth...but I kind of have a feeling I was rather old. Yeah...I'm not only naive...I am way too trusting, even still to this day!

Just like the "big spoon" this little trick has been used in our house many times. Thankfully Keric is just as trusting as I was. :)

Tonight when we told the kids to go upstairs and get their jammies on, Keric came and climbed up in Chris' lap and said "But Dad, I don't have so many tireds, see..." He then proceeded to open his mouth really wide so Chris could look inside and see that he wasn't tired.

Sadly however, Chris looked inside his mouth and saw that he was indeed tired, and so he very sadly and reluctantly went upstairs to get his jammies.

LOL I LOVE that little boy! He is so dang funny!

2 comments:

  1. Oh you're going to give away all my secrets! He really didn't want to get his jammies on because it would mean changing out of that great Powell Panthers sweatshirt :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does LOVE that sweatshirt! :)

      I only share your secrets because they work so well!! :)

      Delete