Sunday, February 5, 2012

February 5, 2012



Some days it's hard to find one main event to take a picture of and post. Other days it seems like lots of things happen, and I just kind of have to choose the one I think best sums up the day.

Today I suppose there are lots of "pictures" that I could post. I could post a picture of us at Stake Conference and write about how excited Keric was to go to a "new church" and how excited he was to watch a "movie" and then 5 mins. later tell me how he really didn't LIKE the movie and wanted to go back home.

I could post the winning score of the Superbowl between the Patriots and the Giants. By the way the team I wanted to win did! :) That never happens! I was routing for the Giants simply because the last time they played the Patriots in a Superbowl they lost, so I figured it was their turn to win, thus my reasoning for cheering them on. I know...real great logic, but hey ya gotta route for the underdog right?

I could post pictures of all the food we ate at Mama Anne's house, and talk about how we all stuffed our faces watching a game that I don't think a one of us really truly cared about!

I could also post a picture of all the news coverage that has been happening about Josh Powell and how he killed himself and his two little boys in a house explosion this afternoon. I could write pages about how upsetting this story has been to listen to and to watch. I could write about how I honestly cried for those little boys as I read and listened to the news through out the day.

But instead I decided to post a picture of me and Keric right before I tucked him in to bed tonight. My hair is a mess, it's taken at a weird angel, and I'm sure I look like I've been crying off and on all day because...well I have, but this seemed like the picture that was best to record this day.

I'm extra thankful for my little boy, and for his safety today. I'm thankful that as I tucked him in tonight I know that not only does he have a Mommy and Daddy who love him more than he understands, but that he has a Daddy who loves his Mommy. A Daddy who would never do anything intentionally to hurt his Mommy or to hurt him, and a Daddy who will always keep us both safe!

As I get ready for bed tonight, I hope the NY Giants and their fans are having a wonderful celebration party tonight. I hope it's as big and full of confetti, cheers, and hugs as I'm sure the party in Heaven has been today between a Mom and her two little boys. My party tonight will instead be very low key, no guests, no confetti, just me, my thoughts and my quiet prayers of gratitude for my wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment