Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012



Today was my Valentine's Day a.k.a. "Princess Day" as Chris calls it, and lucky me, I got to spend it with my 3 favorite boys!

The day started with with a trip to SLC to the Maternal Fetal Medicine ward in the hospital. We were scheduled for an ultra sound today to check Carson's weight and also the fluid level in his little kidney's. The last few ultrasounds I have had, he has had extra fluid in his left kidney.

He still continues to be my FAT baby. They estimated his weight at 6lbs 12 oz and I am measuring at about 35 weeks and 4 days which is exactly two weeks ahead of where I really am. Sadly we never really got to see his little face, he is currently breech, and wasn't cooperating very well with the technician. We did however get to see his fat little hand waving to us and we also got to watch him playing with his umbilical cord. ha ha It was pretty funny to watch him whip that thing around and tug and pull on it. His kidney's looked good, and I do have some extra fluid, which is probably why my belly is so dang big. The only thing really "concerning" is the breech position. He needs to turn in the next week or so, otherwise we are probably looking at having him manually moved! I kind of don't want to think about having to do that! It sounds very painful!!

After the ultrasound, Chris surprised me with lunch at Tucci's. YUM! After lunch we went to Hobby Lobby and spent way too much time and money. Man I love that store! Poor Keric was really trying hard to be good...but there isn't much for a little boy to do in Hobby Lobby that doesn't get him in trouble. At least he didn't break or spill or drop anything!

After Hobby Lobby we went and got Cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory, and we ended the day at JoAnn's.

I wish my body was as enthusiastic about all the shopping and walking around craft stores as my mind was! I love Hobby Lobby and JoAnns and could have spent many more hours just looking and day dreaming, but more poor body just doesn't do as much as I want it to these days.

Despite my body being a little uncooperative at times today...I had such a FUN "Princess day!" There truly are LOTS of advantages of being "The princess in a house full of knights!"

No comments:

Post a Comment