Friday, February 10, 2012

February 10, 2012



Seems like yesterday I had a TON of things that I could have posted about, and today I hardly have any.

I will say that I am really grateful that my picture today was NOT of a tiny baby Carson in a NICU bed at the hospital. These stupid Braxton Hicks/Contractions are really cramping (excuse the pun) my style these days!

After I took Keric to school I wanted to run a few errands by myself, because as slow as I am these days, I am a heck of a lot faster alone than I am with Keric. So I dropped him off and went to a couple of stores for probably 45 mins, and then had to come home and rest. SERIOUSLY! I mean how lame is that?? I came home and put my feet up, drank an obscene, or at least obscene in my book, amount of water, and kind of waited for school to get out.

When it was time to go get Keric I felt a lot better, so I bribed him with chocolate and went to my last store before heading home. By the time I walked in the door, my lower back hurt so bad I felt like I was going to throw up! I was pretty much done for the day after that. I laid down, took a nap and expected to wake up ready to go again, but I just wasn't. The Braxton Hicks/Contractions were still there!

I try not to get panicky when I am sick, and especially being pregnant, because I hate to be "that girl" who is always calling the Dr. or nurse and making unnecessary visits to the ER, but seriously I was starting to get a little panicked that they just did NOT seem to be going away even with water and rest!

I told Chris what I had planned for dinner and how to make it, and he made dinner while I sat like a bump on a log! FINALLY around 7:30 p.m. I felt OK, and the Braxton Hicks had finally gone away and have still not returned. Let's hope they DON'T for oh...I don't know? Another 4 or 5 weeks!?!

So my picture, although not all that exciting, is at least NOT what in the back of my mind I was freaking out that it was going to be.

I finally got my little bathroom sign and picture collage done. I haven't been in too big of a hurry because we have been waiting a WEEK for the paint in the bathroom to completely dry, so it's not like I really had anywhere to hang everything. The silly paint is STILL kind of "tacky" feeling, and if you press hard enough, it leaves a mark. So we have been using one bathroom for all of us for a week! I think we've all had enough, and the back of the can says to wait FOUR weeks, but none of us are willing to do that, so hopefully the infamous Mickey Bathroom will be all put together tomorrow! Chris is upstairs doing touch ups as I type.

Anyway, I finished my little sign, picked a few of my favorite Tubby Time pictures of Keric and had them printed in black and white, and then on my errand run today I found some really cute, simple black frames at the dollar store that I bought. I framed the pictures, and I have three extra ones for Tubby Time pictures of Carson eventually. So yes...pay no attention to the little Chinese Family in the frames, they will be leaving shortly.

I'm kind of in love with my little sign and the tubby time picture collage. The sign turned out so cute, and this is kind of how I envision the pictures being displayed on the wall. We'll see if this is actually how it happens once they get put up there, but hopefully it will be somewhat similar.

I can hardly wait for this bathroom to FINALLY be done! Wow...what a pain it turned out to be! UGH. I guess in the end it will be worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment