Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 8, 2012



Today we had Keric's Potty party. Yes...I said POTTY party. Are we a little over the top? Probably. Do I care? NOPE! Not really! This whole potty training experience has been an uphill battle for over a year! I honestly have to say that this part of motherhood has been the MOST difficult for me. It has tried my temper, patience, and self control more than anything else that I can remember in the past 3 1/2 years!

I'm just so thrilled that the days of diapers are finally gone, the "fighting" and screaming are over, and life seems to be back to "normal" for the time being. All of those reasons seemed like a GREAT reason to throw a party!

We had originally talked about having a Pirate Potty Party, but Keric decided he wanted a Mickey party instead.

So I made him a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting in the shape of Mickey with red sprinkles on it, bought him some little Mickey plates and had a PAR-TAY! :) Nothing fancy, but he loved it anyway, which of course is what counts!

3 comments:

  1. No diapers is definately a reason to celebrate! Yay for Keric! and yay that when the baby comes mommy will still only have one child to change! I had a few times when I was changing three kids at a time - let me tell you - potty training was a big deal at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess that means he has continued with his success! Good job, Keric. Glad he got a party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Hooray! That's the best news! Anybody that thinks a cake is too much can eat it.

    ReplyDelete