Saturday, January 21, 2012

January 21, 2012



Disclaimer: My intention was NOT to have every single picture this year include Keric's little face, but he INSISTS he be in every single shot. I think I tried taking this picture 3 times, before I just gave up and let him stand there!

Last night Mama Anne called and told me that she was taking me to SLC to buy me some new maternity clothes! My initial reaction was, I only have a couple months left, I don't NEED new clothes, but she insisted that she wanted to buy me some pants that fit. I have to admit, I love new clothes, and when you're pregnant, new clothes are kind of one of those things that just don't happen! I mean who wants to spend money on clothes you are only going to wear for a few months!

I do still have all my clothes from when I was pregnant with Keric, but my belly is so high up this time around that my maternity pants just don't stay on. I basically walk around all day pulling my jeans up, hoping I don't let my belly show, and just looking like a moron!

I figured it might be kind of nice to have 2 months of not pulling my pants up every 5 mins, or 2 months that had a day when I didn't forge the too big pants and just put on Pajama pants instead.

Mama Anne came and picked Keric and I up at noon, and we headed into SLC for a shopping day. Chris stayed home and put the second coat of paint on the basement ceiling.

It was really fun to spend the afternoon with Mama Anne! :) We always have great conversations, and find all sorts of things to laugh and sometimes cry about. She bought me 2 pairs of pants and a new shirt and even bought Keric a new Transformer for being a good boy. Then she took us to "Five Guys" for lunch. I had never been there before. It was really good, although it was really hard to eat the entire thing!!

I am so grateful for a Mother in Law who feels more like a second Mom. It's hard to live so far away from my own Mom, but it's nice to know that I can always count on Mama Anne to step in when my own Mom can't. I hope that when my boys grow up and get married, that I can take a page out of Mama Anne's book and be the kind of Mother in Law who loves her Daughters in Law more like her own daughters!

Thanks Mama Anne for the new clothes, lunch, and for being such a great example to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment