Friday, January 27, 2012

January 27, 2012



For the past several months, I have wanted to do an overhaul on the kids bathroom upstairs. When I found out that we were having another boy, I thought it would be fun to have more of a "boy" bathroom for my two little monkeys.

I've had this re-vamp project in the back or my mind for awhile. I looked on the Internet, and kept my eyes open for decorating ideas, but nothing really ever jumped out at me. The ideas that I was seeing just seemed like they would be cute for a couple of years, but would quickly become a little to "baby like."

One night I was browsing Amazon and found a Mickey Mouse Shower Curtain. A light bulb kind of went off in my head. As many times as Keric has changed his favorite TV show, or favorite movie, he has always kept his love for Mickey. I also love the colors of Mickey. The reds, and blacks, and yellows don't scream "baby" but are more timeless in my mind.

When I was growing up we had a black bathroom, complete with a black toilet and sink and I always LOVED that bathroom. I used to say I was going to have a black bathroom when I grew up, so I thought...this is perfect! I can sort of have my black bathroom, and also have a fun "boys" bathroom that will last my boys for many years.

After lots of searching on line I found some fun accessories and decided to approach Chris with my off the wall idea. Surprisingly he liked it. He really got into getting on line and finding other things, and better prices of different things. It was kinda fun to plan our bathroom project together.

We started ordering things on line, and looking at paint colors and planning out our time line for when the bathroom would get done. Keric is fit to be tied that his Mickey bathroom is not done yet!

Well tonight we drove into SLC so that Cameron could pick out a bedspread for his new room. Our first stop was Target. As we were heading over to the bedding section, I walked through the bath section and to my total shock and dare I say horror was a whole section of Mickey Mouse Bathroom accessories!!

Are you kidding me!?!! I thought I was being SO ORIGINAL!! Who started doing Mickey Bathrooms, and WHEN???

I guess the good news is, I found some things that I hadn't found on line, and now I have everything I need to finish my bathroom project. The bad news is...someone besides my boys has a Mickey Bathroom, and I'm not as original or creative as I thought. Oh well... it may not be an original bathroom, but it will be a CUTE one!

2 comments:

  1. Confession: I stalk your blog and you are TOO adorable. Stop it. You make me want children and I'm only 18. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh Katie! You are good for a girls self esteem! :) I love you girlie!

      Delete