Saturday, January 28, 2012

January 28, 2012



One of the big moves that will happen when Carson is born is the multiple changing of bedrooms. Keric will move into Cameron's room, Carson will have Keric's room, and Cameron will move down to the new bedroom down in the basement.

I am not sure how thrilled Cameron is about his move because he doesn't say much about it, but I get the idea he is a little nervous about it. Chris and I have tried to involve him in the move and get him excited about his new room by having him help decorate it. This may or may not have been a great idea, but he seemed excited about the possibilities of paint colors and "themes" for his room.

Right off the bat Cameron was insistent on having a blue room! No other color was going to do. We went to Home Depot so he could look at paint swatches, but the only ones he brought home were blue. They ranged from Navy blue to a Turquoise blue. To say I was frustrated would be an understatement. We tried to explain to him that a bedroom down in the basement would look BLACK with such dark colors, and that the Turquoise would just plain be a disaster.

We went back and forth with him for weeks, but he wasn't going to budge.

Well now we are down to the wire, and his room NEEDS to be painted. When Chris brought them home last night we sat down again to discuss his room. I finally decided to suggest the route my Mom often takes when she decorates rooms. She picks the accessories first, and the paint last. So I suggested we go into SLC and look for a bedspread.

So we did, and Cameron found a very NAVY blue bedspread that had really pretty grey/silver pinstripes and grey/silver sheets that matched. It was a bedspread I probably would have walked right past had I been picking it out myself, but in the end I really do like it and I'm glad we were able to find something that HE liked and that he picked out himself.

We decided to try and match the paint more to the sheets and pinstripes rather than the dark Navy of the bedspread. We went to Home Depot again and together found a color we could all agree on. I'm actually getting really excited about the finished product.

Chris has been down in the basement all day long painting and as expected, it is perfect and looks so pretty! The picture doesn't really do it justice, it hasn't fully dried yet, but I'm happy with it, and so is Cameron.

I guess in the end we all got what we wanted. Cameron got his dark Navy blue, and I got walls that were NOT blue! :) Yea!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Room Changing :) It is fun! I love what you guys came up with! What does Keric's new room look like, and what are you doing with baby Carson for decor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be fun when it is DONE! ;) I'm getting excited to have some "new" rooms in our house! :) Keric's room is a pirate room. I found the cutest pirate bedding and we are painting his walls red and beige with a black chair rail. Then I'm going to use my trusty vinyl cutter and cut out "A pirates life for me" and put it on the chair rail. It looks AWESOME in my head! :) Baby Carson is getting Keric's hand me down's for his room. :( We had all the bedding and everything and thought it was kinda silly to change. So his room is yellow and is a jungle theme room. I still love that room and am excited to do a few little new things with it. I wish you lived closer so you could HELP me!!! xxoo

      Delete