Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17, 2012



Several weeks ago Keric asked me "Mommy...Why DADDY no take me to school?" I told him that Daddy had to work during school time, so Mommy was the one who took him to school. For awhile after that, he would ask his Dad if he could take him to school, but sadly...Daddy had to tell him no. Dang jobs! ;)

Since Keric has been feeling much better the last few days, I let him go to school today. I never did tell him that he actually MISSED school on Friday! I knew if I mentioned missing school he would have a melt down for sure, so I just used the fact that he doesn't remember what day it is to my advantage. :)

As we were getting ready this morning, Chris said that he needed to go and pick up Mama Anne's car from a friends house in Stansbury so he thought he would just drive down with us and we could run to Stansbury from school.

While I was giving Keric his bath I told him that today Daddy was finally going to be able to take him to school. He was so surprised! His eyes got really big and He said "Daddy don't go work today?" I told him he still had to work, but he had to help Mama Anne for a little while this morning, so he was going to come with us.

When we pulled up to the school, he looked a little concerned that I was staying in the car and not coming with him, but when he saw his Daddy come around the other side to get him he quickly told me goodbye and then ran up the stairs with his Daddy. I thought it was so cute watching them walk into school together!

I'm so glad Keric is still at an age where little things like Daddy taking him to school is such an exciting treat! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad your little boy is feeling better. It looks like you're off to a great start with Project 365.

    ReplyDelete