Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25, 2012



I woke up this morning feeling somewhat better, but still not 100%. I figured I was over the worst of it, but then I made the mistake of drinking a big glass of water, and well...all bets were off at that point.

I was so frustrated. It's hard to be so tired, thirsty and hungry, and not be able to do much about it. I worry about Carson, but everything I read says that my being sick and throwing up really doesn't effect him unless I become too dehydrated.

Well...I went the rest of the day, trying to eat and drink, but continually failing. Finally at about 7:30 p.m. Chris told me to call my Dr. So I called, and talked to her and she recommended that I head over to the Insta Care and get checked out and get some fluids in me.

So Chris and I went down to the new IHC Insta Care here in Tooele. They checked me out and everything looked OK. My blood pressure as always was kind of up and down, but honestly lots lower than it was on Monday when I went in. Carson looks fine, his heart rate was a little elevated, but they thought that could be to the lack of fluids I have been getting to him. They gave me some anti nausea that dissolves on your tongue since I couldn't hold the pill form down. Then I drank some water and actually kept the few swallows I took down.

Despite my Dr. wanting me to get some IV fluids, they told me that I was doing pretty good at keeping somewhat dehydrated and since I was pregnant, they didn't feel comfortable giving me IV's without monitors for the baby! OK...?

So now we just wait I guess. I came home and drank some juice. So far so good, and it feels good to have something in my stomach again.

No comments:

Post a Comment