Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23, 2012



This two weeks seemed to go by MUCH slower than the last two weeks!! Today was finally the day we went into SLC for my 30 1/2 week appointment with Dr. Holmes. I love Dr. Holmes! She is seriously the easiest Dr. to talk to, and she never makes me feel like I'm just a big complainer, even though I know I probably totally am!

I told her all about my trouble sleeping, the horrible pain I have in my pelvis and back, and all my many many mood swings. I love how she can laugh at me, and also make me feel like I'm not alone, and every one goes through this, when I know darn well they probably don't! :)

Carson's heartbeat sounds great, my blood pressure was good, Carson's head seems to be down and I may have "dropped" a little. He is still a very BIG baby. She felt around my belly and kind of estimated by feel that he is around 4 1/2 - 5 lbs right now! Considering that Keric was born at just about 36 weeks and weighed in at 5lbs 9 oz...this baby is going to be HUGE!!!

She did tell me that we would do a couple more growth ultra sounds and if he got too big, they would take him a week or so early via C-section. Not the greatest news, or even really anything that I wanted to hear...but I trust her judgement. She told me to watch a little more what I eat even though I don't have gestational diabetes, to watch my sugar intake and carb intake and see if that helped with the growth at all. I guess I can do that for 9 more weeks...especially if that means not having to deliver a 12 pound baby!

After the Dr.'s appointment, Chris had a meeting with one of his bosses who is in town for a few days, so we went to his office for a half hour or so, and then we decided to get some dinner at Red Robin.

For whatever reason, Red Robin was pretty dead tonight. I guess we either missed the dinner crowd, or were too early for them?? Anyway, we basically had a whole section to ourselves. It was kind of nice because Keric could be as loud and silly as he wanted to be, and no one cared!

He loved his "BIG" french fries, and even put on an impromptu dance show for me, his Daddy and our waiter! I was a little embarrassed at first when he jumped down from his chair and started bustin a move to what apparently was his favorite song, and then the waiter said "Where's your video camera! He's got some killer moves" DUH!!!

I wish I had gotten more of it on tape, but we did get some of it, and I guess that's all that counts.

I can't wait for life with 2 little boys! I have a feeling it is gonna be a TRIP! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment