Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26, 2012



It's kind of hard to have a bad day when you are woken up by a half naked 3 year old flying his remote controlled helicopter into your room, but that aside...today was still a very good day.

I woke up and actually felt much more like myself! My head wasn't pounding, and my stomach wasn't upset. I crossed my fingers that the headache and stomach ache were gone for good, and headed downstairs for breakfast. I had some toast, and not only did it stay IN my stomach, it tasted soooo good!

As the day went on I felt more and more human! I washed all my bedding, and blankets that I snuggled up in the past few days, put nice clean sheets on my bed, and decided while I was at it I would catch up on the rest of the laundry!

One thing about being sick and especially being pregnant and sick is I think your mind starts playing funny games with you. Over the past couple of days I was feeling really sorry for myself. I was feeling bad because I was so far away from my family. I was feeling bad that I couldn't just call my Mom and ask her to come and help me. I was even thinking, I would be satisfied just having one of my sisters around the corner if I couldn't have my Mom. It wasn't logical, but it was how I was feeling.

I didn't feel that way today, but Heavenly Father still saw fit to show me that I didn't need to live by my Mom, or my sisters, in order to feel like I had people around me who cared about me or who were willing to help me. I already DID live by people who loved me and cared for me, and were basically at my beck and call if I needed them. I guess I always knew that, but I was humbled by the reminder that I got of that today.

My sweet visiting teachers brought me over some shower gel which was SOOOO nice to take a long hot shower with to get rid of all the "sickies" with. And then my sweet neighbor Christine, who has WAY more to deal with than I ever will in a day, brought me over some Vitamin water, and Popsicles to eat today. So yummy for my tummy!! I know to them it probably wasn't a big deal, or anything that took a lot of time, but to me it meant everything! It reminded me how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends who are truly just like family to me!

Thank you to ALL of you for your sweet text messages, phone calls, and e-mails to check on me and to offer your help! I truly do appreciate it more than you each may ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment