Thursday, January 19, 2012

January 19, 2012



Today marks the start of week #30 of my pregnancy! In so many ways it seems like time has just FLOWN by, and in other ways I feel like there is no way I am going to survive the next 10 weeks!

The last week or so I have had trouble sleeping. If you know me very well at ALL, you know that I LOVE my sleep! There is nothing better than curling up all toasty warm in your bed and falling asleep! Well ok..ther is ONE thing better than that, an afteroon nap!! Thankfully that was one thing I passed on to my little man. I think he is one of the only 3 1/2 year olds I know that not only loves his naps...but actually asks to take them! :)

So a week or so ago when I laid wide awake trying desperately to fall asleep, I realized THIS is what all those books were talking about when they mentioned having trouble sleeping during your third trimester!!

I don't remember this being a problem for me when I was pregnant with Keric, so I was kind of at a loss as to what I should do. I thought I eventually would be so tired that I would HAVE to sleep, but I fall asleep for about an hour, and then I am awakened by jabs and kicks and just plain old ordinary back pain.

I talked to some of my friends who swear by Body Pillows when they were pregnant. I've never had one, and never thought I would own one, but I'm desperate! So on the shopping list for Wal-mart tonight was a Body Pillow and some "Unisom" which my Dr. recommended I try.

I found a Zebra body pillow! And seriously...if I'm going to HAVE a body pillow, it really should be a Zebra print one. :) Yes, I love my animal prints...as tacky as some animal printed things are...I still love them.

So I brought my very first body pillow and my "Unisom" home anxious for bedtime to arrive to see if my tricks will work or not. Of course like most things...Keric immediately thought that this big soft Zebra pillow was something that I needed to "share" with him. Share...yeah, he understands the phrase, but not really what it means! To him sharing my pillow means... you may THINK this pillow is yours...but really it's now mine. :)

I managed to get him to give it up tonight, but we'll see how long that lasts! I guess if it doesn't work, then it won't be money wasted. :) I'll just give it to Keric! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment