Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11, 2012



To quote Chris... "Happy Pioneer Day!" "Here's the flashlight, go take a shower."

This morning we woke up to no electricity, and a rather FREEZING house, which made for an interesting time getting ready for school!

Apparently sometime in the very early morning hours all of Tooele County lost their power!

I have some recollection of this happening I think. Carson likes to throw dance parties in my belly starting around 11:30 and ending anytime between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. Last nights dance party was a doozy and lasted for a really long time! I was having trouble sleeping, and kept waking up all night long! One of the many times I woke up I heard my alarm clock making a funny beeping noise, and then it went blank. At the time I thought, we must have somehow put it on battery mode, and it ran out of batteries?? That was around 4 a.m.

Not real sure how we all lost our power, but we were told over 17,000 of us were without it, but that school would still be going on. My initial reaction when Chris told me this was: How Stupid! It's freezing cold, the school's are going to be freezing cold, and they are telling us the power wont even be back on until around 11:00 a.m. which is an hour and a half before school lets out on Wednesday's! I thought seriously about leaving them snuggled in their blankets drinking hot chocolate, and just calling it a day...but we went ahead and got ready and off to school they went.

It's probably a good thing, since the power DID come back on around 9:30 a.m. :) We still had fun snuggling in our warm blankies, drinking hot chocolate in front of the fire place for a couple hours. Man am I ever grateful for electricity! My life would be SO different without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment