Friday, January 20, 2012

January 20, 2012



Some days I get a big 'ol slap in the face reminding me just how BIG my "baby" is getting! Today was one of those days!

I took him to school this morning, and when I picked him up he told me all about learning the number 4. They had a big Number 4 Birthday party at school, and got to decorate cupcakes. He also had a little "homework" page that he brought home with him.

When we got home, he insisted that we light the yellow candle on his #4 cupcake and sing happy birthday. After he blew out his candle, he gobbled his cupcake up and then said "Mom, I have to wash my hands, and then hurry and do my homework". I said OK, let me get your lunch ready, and I'll help you with your homework. He quickly replied "No Mom, I do it myself!"

I went ahead and got the crayons down thinking he could color while I made lunch, and then I could help him with writing his numbers.

He sat quietly at the table, coloring away while I made his lunch. Pretty soon I realized that he had finished coloring, and was working on his numbers! I walked over with his lunch and that's when I saw it! Little 4's all along his page!

My "baby" wrote a whole bunch of little red and yellow 4's all along the bottom of his page ALL BY HIMSELF! I was so proud of him! They looked pretty darn good for a 3 1/2 year old too!

I was so proud of him, I had to quickly wipe away my tears! I gave him a big hug, and then we hung it proudly on the fridge for everyone to see. When did he get so darn big?!

No comments:

Post a Comment