Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 9, 2012



Well...we made it to 37 weeks and just one day! That's OK...I feel good about how far I made it, and can't say that I was too sad to be sent to AND admitted to the hospital this afternoon! :)

This morning started out as a typical Friday. I got up and got myself ready, and Keric ready to go to school. I dropped him off at school, and then reluctantly ran a couple errands.

I have been wanting to get my nails done and a pedicure before Carson is born, so I figured today was as good a day as any. I felt bad for the poor girl who had to do my pedicure with my cankles and fat feet, but at least they are pretty cankles and Fat feet!

I finished just in time to go get Keric. When I got to school his teacher said he had been complaining of not feeling well? When I asked him about it, he said he felt fine, but I guess he had been telling her he was "sick." Poor little man, I hope he isn't coming down with something!

We got in the car and then headed to Walmart. Not really what I WANTED to do, but there were some things Carson didn't have, like socks and diapers, not to mention all the random things we were out of at home since I haven't done grocery shopping for 2 weeks!

At the time I didn't know why I felt compelled to get to the store to buy these silly last minute things, but I guess now I know why. :)

We came home, ate some lunch, and then we got ready to go to my weekly Dr.'s appointment. I have to admit, I had this nagging feeling that I needed to bring my Hospital bag and all the other things like the Camera, Video Camera, laptop, the whole 9 yards, but I talked myself out of it.

I told myself that just because I was tired, and yes, a little sick of being pregnant, did NOT mean that it was time for Carson to make his debut. Dr. Holmes told me that she would strip my membranes today, so I was hoping that after she did that maybe he would come this weekend sometime.

We got to the Dr.'s office and I went with the nurse to get my blood pressure taken and of course my weight...ugh! I sat down and let the little machine do it's job and then listened to the beeps that came after. I don't remember what the top number was, but the bottom number was 110!! I've never seen my blood pressure that high...EVER!! I looked at the nurse, and she looked as shocked as I was!

She took my blood pressure again, and well...it was just as bad as the first time. She said "I'm not positive, but I'm thinking you will be taking a field trip to the Hospital".

Well, she was right. Dr. Holmes didn't even strip my membranes, she sat me down and talked to me a little bit, and then sent me up to the Hospital for some stress tests. She said if my blood pressure continued to be "bad" they would admit me, and we would have a baby tonight. If they were under control, it was home and straight to bed rest for me!

So off we went to the Hospital. Pitocin drip has been started, Chris has gone home and come back with all my crap, Mama Anne has all the kids, My Mom has been called, and now we just wait and see when this little man decides to show up!

Since I was admitted around 5:00 p.m. I'm guessing he won't show before Midnight, I mean I was in labor with Keric for more than 24 hours, but I guess we will see!

Ready or not, here he comes! I'm not TOTALLY "ready", but I am SO EXCITED he is on his way!

No comments:

Post a Comment