Saturday, March 31, 2012

March 23, 2012



Today I went to my 2 week check up with Dr. Holmes. I had to go in after 2 weeks because of having a C-section. Mostly she wanted to check my incision and make sure that everything was healing ok, and that I was doing good.

My incision still hurts some. I still take my pain meds every once in awhile, and wear my little belly band, but over all I am doing well. It seems like my recovery from this surgery is MUCH easier than it was when I had my fibroid tumor removed. I can get around pretty well on my own, and even though I STILL wear yoga pants/jammie pants because I can't stand to have my jeans on my incision, I don't have much else to complain about.

The BEST part of my check up was getting validation that I have in deed lost 32 pounds since having Carson! I guess my body likes nursing?? I have no other explanation as to why 32 pounds just fell off my body. I wasn't able to nurse Keric, so this is all totally new to me! I'm certainly not complaining, but I also did NOT expect it!

Of course by posting this weight, you all can add 32 to this number and see for yourself just how truly FAT I was! I am finally to the weight I was when I got pregnant with Keric. Ironically when I found out I was pregnant, I was on a quest to lost about 20 lbs!

It's not by any means my ideal weight, but I am wearing clothes I haven't worn in honestly years, and I feel pretty good about myself! :)

Now I just have 20 more pounds to go and I'll be the girl that Chris married!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment