Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 11, 2012



It's hard to believe that my sweet little man is here, and that I am sitting in a Hospital room hooked up to a bunch of machines that will NOT quit beeping, and I not only feel like I have been hit by a truck, but I LOOK like I have been!

Today was a hard day recovery wise. I have been hooked up to several antibiotic IV's because of the fever I spiked right before going into have my C-section. The Doctor was afraid that I had gotten an infection, and therefore had passed that infection on to Carson. Luckily Carson doesn't have an infection of any kind, but I am still hooked up to antibiotics, and they have made me SO SICK!

I couldn't keep anything down today, and I literally begged the nurse to take the IV's out of me! It's one thing to be sick, it's quite another to be sick when your stomach is stapled shut. Talk about pain! I was supposed to be on the antibiotics for 48 hours from the time Carson was born, and I made it to almost 36.

I have the sweetest nurse, and she was nice enough to call the Dr. and plead my case for me. Thankfully I have an awesome Dr. too! She told the nurse she could unhook me, and I am feeling MUCH better tonight! I honestly told the nurse I would sign a "refusal to treat" document if I had to, that's how sick I was!

Besides being sick however today was a great day because my MOMMY is here!! You would think I would be old enough that I wouldn't still need my Mom, but I do! I admit it! Especially when I'm sick, there is nothing like having my Mom around!

Chris went to pick her up from the airport around 2:00 p.m. this afternoon, and thankfully by the time they went and picked up Keric and came back to the Hospital I was unhooked from my stupid IV's and feeling a little more human!

I'm sad that she is here, and I am stuck in the Hospital instead of home hanging out with her! Thankfully she is here for a whole week, and hopefully I will get to go home tomorrow!

I'm so grateful to have her here! She is always such a big help to me, and I always LOVE having her around!

1 comment: