Saturday, March 24, 2012

March 14, 2012



Carson's first day home has gone pretty well. In fact it's probably gone better than MY first day at home!

Last night was hard, but I guess the first nights always are. He was up far more than I thought necessary, but of course he didn't see it that way. :) I am still really sore and getting up and down out of bed all night long didn't help my incision much. In fact I was in tears a few times from all the up and down and the pain.

Besides the pain of the incision, I am retaining a TON of water. Seriously...my legs are tree trunks, and my feet and ankles look like one of those cartoon fat ladies. How does a person get fat rolls on their ankles!!??

I can't carry Carson up and down stairs because the bottom of my feet are also swollen, and therefore I have no balance! I'm a rather pathetic looking site to say the least. Especially considering all I can wear are jammies! UGH!

My Mom is still being an amazing help, and I am not only able to take naps, but sitting on the couch talking and laughing with her is pretty good medicine too!

Keric LOVES his little brother, and loves to hug and kiss and hold him any chance he gets. I'm getting over the "fear" of Keric not being "soft" enough, and am just trying to enjoy the fact that he loves his little brother, and loves having him home!

Our lives have truly changed, for the better of course, and it will take some getting used to, but hopefully we will get our new routine figured out, SOON! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment