Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 4, 2012



There are or I guess I should say WERE 4 women in my ward, including me, all due to have little boys within about 3 weeks of each other. It was kind of fun to be pregnant with others, and to reach different milestones with someone else. It was especially fun when we all found out we were ALL having boys. Oh the years ahead in our ward would be fun with all those little boys in Nursery, Primary, Young Men, and even going on missions! We have nicknamed our little "club" Team Re-populate the Earth.

Of course I am well aware that babies come when they are ready, and/or when their Mommy's Dr.'s say they are ready. So of course the chances of us all having our babies on or around our due dates was slim, BUT the tiny possibility was still there.

This last week two of the women in our ward had their babies within a couple days of each other, which now just leaves me and my friend Andrea left. We joked about it a little in church today and about how unfair it was that they had left us behind, and had their babies without us. Now it's just the two of us hanging on cheering each other on. :) Rah! Rah! Rah! Go team Re-populate the World! LOL

After church I put Keric down for his nap, and decided I was going to lay down for a little while too. I had just fallen asleep and had only been asleep for maybe 10 minutes, when I was woken up by these silly back contractions I keep having! They weren't as severe as the ones I had last week, but they were kind of coming one right after the other. I got up and walked around for awhile, and the more I walked, the more my back hurt.

I guess I started to get my hopes up a little, or maybe a lot. I got my phone out, and started timing these weird contractions/pains in my back and lower abdomen. They were sporadic to say the least, but they were definitely there, and they for SURE hurt.

I really got ahead of myself and packed a little bag to throw in the car, in the hopes that they would start becoming more regular and I would be heading to the hospital today.

A couple of hours passed, and even though my pains didn't go away completely, instead of being maybe 10 and 15 minutes apart, they were more like 45 and 60 minutes apart, and they weren't as painful as they were in the beginning. *sigh*

I guess I'll leave my little bag packed anyways and hope that one of these next few days SOON, I will need it. Sadly however, I wont be needing it today. ;) I guess maybe that's still a good thing...I would hate to leave Andrea all alone! HAHA

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Natalee! I remember those days! After the baby was born though, there were those momentsnwhen I wished I was still pregnant so I could sleep longer at nights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending baby vibes your way! I got a feeling! Oh, and if you haven't- you should get the contraction timer app. Then you just push the button when it happens and it keeps track of everything for you! Sure was handy when I wasn't able to think straight anymore while we were waiting for my Mom to get Vaughn!

    ReplyDelete