Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1, 2012



Today marks 36 weeks! This is a week I have never been to in pregnancy, so it's kind of exciting to hit a new milestone! I'm anxious to see what Dr. Holmes has to say tomorrow! :)

Today is also the first day of March! YEA!!! I've been quietly doing the happy dance all day as I change the calendars and see all the other little reminders that it is in fact March! Carson's birth month is FINALLY here! Assuming I don't go over my due date, Carson will be here with in the next 31 days!!! I'm getting so excited to meet this little boy!

This week we have been dog sitting Jon's dog Spacey while he has been in St. George at some meetings for work. This is the first time we have ever watched Spacey. In fact it's the first time I have ever met her! She is a fairly new addition to Jon's house though. He rescued her from the pound and from being put down a few months ago. Actually maybe it's been longer than that...time kind of slips away from me.

I never grew up with dogs or really even around dogs. In fact the first dog I really ever had anything to do with was my little Tiara. I think in all honesty I grew up basically scared of dogs, especially big dogs! Even as an adult, I was always sort of scared of big dogs.

Spacey is by no means a "big dog", I guess she would more be classified as a medium sized dog, but she is much bigger than Chompie, and so it's taken a little while to get used to having her around...for me at least. :)

She is such a sweet dog, and so loving! She has been with us since Sunday afternoon, and I have YET to hear her even bark! She is very obedient, and honestly just kind of hangs out in her crate most of the day and sleeps. She likes to follow Chris down to the basement while he works, and she just lays on the blanket he put down there for her all day long. She actually reminds me a lot of a much bigger version of Tiara.

Keric LOVES doggies, big, medium, small, whatever, he loves them. He's never been scared or intimidated by them. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. He gets a little flustered if they try to jump on him, but for the most part, he is quick to walk right up to them and give them a love.

He has really loved having Spacey around. He tells me quite often through out the day that he loves Mommy, Daddy, Baby Carson, Chompie and Spacey. He even prays for her at night. I think he's gonna be kind of sad when Jon comes to pick Spacey up tomorrow. I guess it's a good thing we will still have Chompie around for him to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment