Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 10, 2012



Carson Craig Wexels was born at 4:28 a.m. March 10, 2012. Weighing in at a whopping 8lbs 7oz and 20.5 inches long!

One day shy of sharing a birthday with his Uncle Kimball, but hey...that's OK. Everyone needs their OWN birthday right? :)

I went through the full labor process, even pushed for a solid hour, but when it came right down to it, Carson was only going to get here by C-section.

I have had my share of surgeries, this should not have been anything "new", but I have to admit, I was scared out of my mind! I was grateful to have Chris by my side every step of the way, and of course even though Dr. Holmes was not on call tonight, Dr. Haakensen was, and she was the Dr. who cared for me during my first trimester while Dr. Holmes was on maternity leave.

I don't know what I expected from a C-section, but it wasn't that. I guess maybe I have watched too many TLC "Baby Stories" or something? It went much faster than I thought, felt much worse than I expected, but all in all, wasn't so horrible.

The rest of the day is basically a blur. I don't think I have slept in over 24 hours, but I LOVE my sweet little boy, and am SO HAPPY to have him here finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment