Saturday, March 24, 2012

March 15, 2012



Carson's Billirubin score was a little high when we left the hospital, so the pediatrician wanted to see him back in 2 days.

Not really what I wanted to do my 2nd day back at home, but I got myself and Carson ready and we all went in to SLC for Carson's appointment.

My Mom came with us so she could watch Bubby while we were with the Dr.

When they weighed Carson, he was almost a pound less than he was when he was born!! I was a little shocked! I know that they lose some weight in the hospital, but a pound!?!?

Of course this wasn't great news to the Dr. either. I got the whole nursing lecture again, but thankfully the lecture wasn't as harsh as it was with Keric. At least she didn't tell me to give it up and switch solely to formula!

We went down to the lab and had his blood drawn. Poor little man was back there for over an hour trying to get enough blood to draw for the bilirubin test and also for the sodium test the Dr. ordered. I was so glad I was in the waiting room and not back in the lab with him watching them poke and prod him, and listening to him cry! I just can't do that. I can't watch him cry and get hurt, I make Chris do that kind of stuff.

By the time we got home there was a message on our machine telling us that his Billirubin was high, and that the Home Care people would be bringing the lights over for him to lie on. I was so hoping we wouldn't have to do that, but I guess now he and Keric have one more thing in common...the "Space Bed!"

Chris and Keric went to the Grantsville Children's Sociable to watch Reagan's singing performance. Mom, Carson and I stayed home. My friend Melissa Elton came over to see Carson for a little while, and Mom and I just hung out.

I love having her here! Makes me so sad that it's only for a couple more days! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment