Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 13, 2009



This is a perfect example of Chris not knowing how to do something, sitting down and figuring it out, and then having it turn out perfect.

We have taken on the challenge of finishing our basement. It is a very SLOW process to say the least, but I can see the potential, and it will get done eventually. I would rather have it done RIGHT, then just done.

When Keric was born, we turned Chris' office upstairs into Keric's bedroom, which meant Chris wouldn't have a place to work. So the first room we finished in the basement was his office. It turned out really really nice. I love it!

The last thing to be done was the french doors needed to be hung. Last Saturday Chris spent all day varnishing them. I decided I would rather have them with the natural wood, then painted. I didn't realize that meant lots and lots of work!! Sorry Honey!

Today Chris got the handles put on them, and hung them up and they look so pretty!! I love them! It makes me super excited to start work on the next room!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh - tell Chris that the doors look great! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so far behind checking your photos! Oy...sorry! I love the doors! And peeking through I see the way you framed the window...LOVE IT! Maybe someday we will get our basement finished. Poor Tyler hasn't gotten any work done since being in the Bishopric.

    ReplyDelete