Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 11, 2009



Today I got another church calling. I am still the Primary Pianist, but I was called to also be one of the activities day leaders. It's a little intimidating, but also a little exciting.

When I was 11, it wasn't called Activity Days, it was called Merri Miss. I still remember some of the activities that we did, and I remember it being so much fun. I hope that I can bring that same kind of enthusiasm to these girls.

I've always kind of thought of myself as good with "little" kids, and not so much with the big kids. I don't know why, I guess the little ones are easier for me to "relate" to. Don't know what that says about me exactly but... ha ha

I am however excited about who I get to work with. I get to work with my friend Lissel who is very creative and extremely talented. I'm sure I will learn a lot from her. I also get to work with another friend of mine, Melody. We have worked together before, and she's lots of fun

I hope I can bring one or two things to the table with me, other then a 7 month old who is a little bit attached to my hip.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new calling! You will do great. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to work with you too! I think it will be a lot of fun...they can be a handful (which I am sure you found out yesterday), but they are good girls.

    ReplyDelete