Friday, July 31, 2009

July 31, 2009


Today was Pampa Fraig's 60th birthday. It was kind of a hard day for me, in fact a lot harder than I expected it would be. I thought about him all day long, and wished that instead of recalling the precious few memories that I have of him, that I was helping to plan a HUGE birthday party that he would have hated every minute of!

I ran out of dishwasher tabs, so I used that as an excuse to get out of the house and run to Wal-Mart. As I walked in to buy the dishwasher tabs I decided that I would also buy Pampa Fraig a birthday present. Keric and I walked back to the ballon area of Wal-Mart and we picked out a balloon for Pampa Fraig.

Craig and I always had a little banter going back and forth about sparkly things and my love for anything that sparkled. He would always tell me of the many things he "almost bought" me while at the store, because they sparkled and reminded him of me. I picked out a balloon that was manly enough, but also sparkly enough so that he would be sure to know that it was from me.

As Bubby and I were checking out the cashier said, "It must be your little boys birthday today." I had to kind of choke back some tears, but somehow I was able to audibly say "No, it's his Grandpa's and we're on our way to go and give a balloon to him". I'm sure she wondered why this was tear worthy, but oh well...

We drove up to the cemetery and put the balloon on his grave. I let Bubby crawl around and play for a little while and I just sat quietly and cried to myself for awhile. It doesn't make him come back to us, but it made me feel a little better knowing that Bubby and I got to spend a little time with Grandpa on his birthday.

Happy Birthday Craig! I hope someone up there is throwing you a HUGE party, because if not, I'll be sure to make it up to you when I get there! xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment