Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 28, 2009



WHIZ BABY is the caption for this photo!

I guess I should just stop trying to "force" things with this kid, and just let them happen when they happen. I get all paranoid and anxious when someone else mentions that maybe, just MAYBE he is old enough to be doing X Y or Z so I start forcing the issue on him thinking I can "fix it". Well I guess I can't and I need to stop it!

Easier said than done, but exhibit "A" proves my point! I have been trying for almost 2 months now to get Keric to drink out of a sippy cup. I have bought every kind of sippy cup there is for him to try (and trust me there are a lot of them out there) and he has wanted NOTHING to do with any of them.

The other day Chris bought him this sippy cup. We have one exactly like it, only it's a different color. Tonight Chris got the kids all drinks for dinner and put Bubby's juice in his new blue sippy cup. I just rolled my eyes and prepared myself for the big hurl it was about to take in my direction. Next thing I knew...Bubby was drinking his juice out of a sippy cup! He just picked it up and started drinking it! No fuss, no fighting, no throwing, no nothing!

Is it me??? Is it the color of sippy cups I've been buying? Whatever it is, apparently it has now been resolved. I seriously have the most stubborn child on the planet! You'd think he had been drinking out of sippy cups his whole life the way he drank that juice last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment