Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 29, 2009


The YM and YW in our ward had been planning on going up to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house today for our combined activity. We had 40 tickets, so we were able to take pretty much anyone who wanted to go in the ward.

Chris and I decided to take the kids to see the temple. So we loaded up in the car and went up with the YM and YW. I had to go anyway since I am in the YW, so since we had extra tickets it worked out well.

We stood in line for a really long time, and Bubby wasn't as "reverent" as I hoped he would be, but all in all it was a really nice night. The kids seemed to really enjoy touring the temple and looking at all the beautiful things. When we walked into the temple there was a huge chandelier that of course sparkled like Diamonds, and Mae Mae said "That is the most beautiful light I have ever seen!" She loved all the sparkly lights and the mirrors that go on forever. For whatever reason Bubby really liked the baptismal font. He kept pointing and saying "ooooo" it was kinda funny.

By the time we got out of the tour and made our way down to our car it was pretty late, so our pictures are all in the dark. I hope it's a day that they will remember for a long time, I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment