Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 18, 2009



Today I watched my friend Lissel's two little girls while she went and got her hair cut. Her little girls are always so well behaved, it's actually fun to watch them. They have been here so many times, that they know right where all the toys are, and they go up and get the ones they want, and just play until it's time to go.

Keric on the other hand...he has been a little more aggressive lately with other kids. I don't know if it's the age or what, but I honestly worry about him getting to the nursery age, and wonder if he is going to be the "mean" kid all the parents talk about. He doesn't share very well. He screams when kids play with his toys, and of course automatically wants what someone else has. I was a little worried that he would be mean to Ava. Don't get me wrong, he had his moments of meanness, but this moment of niceness just cracked me up!

Keric and Ava were pulling out books and toys from his diaper bag and sitting on the floor playing very nicely with one another. I was holding Cambrie, and watching to make sure that Keric was being nice to Ava. I noticed that he was "reading" his little Elmo Nursery Rhyme "Wee Willie Winkie" Book. He hates to sit and listen to ME read to him, but he likes to open his books and jibber jabber to himself while he turns the pages and opens and shuts the book. I looked over at little Ava and she was sitting there so nicely, listening to him "read" the story! It was so funny it was hard to keep from laughing out loud! The only word I could pick out from Bubby's story was "uh-oh" but Ava didn't seem to mind. You would have thought she understood every word he said! Maybe she did?

So perhaps there is hope for Keric in Nursery and other public settings after all...that is as long as whom ever he is playing with agrees to do what HE wants to do, and sits nicely and patiently while he does it. Ugh...I SO have my hands full!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear she was nice to Keric and that they got a long well. I wish she'd get along with her older sister, it sure would make my life easier! Thanks again for watching the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- that last comment is from me, Lissel, Tyler hijacked my computer!

    ReplyDelete