Sunday, February 8, 2009

February 8, 2009



As with many of our projects, we seem to run into one problem after another after another. I'm not sure if these problems are foreseeable, and we just don't actually see them in time to stop them, or if I am just a walking bad luck charm and every thing I try to help with turns to crap. Whatever the case....the bathroom in the basement has seemed to turn into somewhat of a nightmare for Chris!

It started out great...in fact I thought, wow, I think Chris learned a few things from doing the office, and this bathroom is going to be a piece of cake. Well...not so much. We have had problems with the electrical, now we are running into plumbing problems, and to top it all off...we have to keep returning things!

We have returned 3 tubs, one wouldn't fit down our basement stairs, and 2 were totally chipped and damaged when we took them out of the box. One even had a huge dent in it! So we are now on tub #4 are hoping it is here to stay.

Sadly however, Chris just informed me...we are going to have to return the toilet now. The stupid people who built the house only roughed in for a 10 inch toilet, and not a standard 12 inch which was what we bought.

I'm beginning to think that the joke about our basement being finished when I am 50 years old...really isn't a joke after all!

So...back the toilet goes tomorrow. Home Depot is going to love us!

No comments:

Post a Comment