Friday, February 6, 2009

February 6, 2009



For whatever reason, our neighborhood has been having problems with the electricity going out for HOURS at a time! It is so annoying! Today was one of those days! At about 1:45 p.m. the electricity went off. I waited for about 20 mins, and nothing. So I called the Electric Company. I swear I'm going to have to put them on my speed dial! Anyway, I got the same recording about knowing about the outage, people are on the scene to fix it, and it should be fixed by 4:30!!! Jeez! What a joke!

So I decided I was getting out of the house. Anne had invited us all up for dinner to celebrate Maren and Dave's birthday's this month, and also because Denise was down from Vernal with her kids. She had asked me to bring Ice Cream, so I needed to go to Wal Mart anyway.

I just decided to stay there for awhile since I was going home to no power! As I was walking around I saw all the Valentine's and Valentine candy and I decided that I was going to be a nice aunt this year. Every year we end up giving the cousins that live around here a little Valentine, or a little Halloween treat, but I never do anything for my Nieces and Nephew's who DON'T live here.

So I bought some little Valentines, and made up some Valentine packages to send out tomorrow. I don't know that I'll be on top of it enough to do it every year, or even for every major holiday, but hopefully they know that they are loved by their Aunt Nati in Tooele, even if they don't get a package.

No comments:

Post a Comment