Friday, October 9, 2009

October 9, 2009


Today was an exciting day for me! I have been digital scrap booking for about 6 months now. There are tons of aspects to the "digiscrap" world! One of those aspects is being part of what is known as a Creative Team.

A Creative Team is a team of people who "work" for a specific designer helping her to promote her digital kits. You get all the fun kits for free in exchange for doing layouts with her stuff and posting them in various places. They are supposed to inspire other scrappers, and also "sell" the kit.

I have applied for a few Creative Teams in the past, but have never made the cut. I got pretty close one time, but didn't make it. This last week there have been several Creative Team calls on lots of sites, and so I applied to 3 this week.

The first team I applied to, I got a "no". I was pretty discouraged, because this was actually a designer that I have a lot of kits from, but sadly, the competition was pretty tough.

HOWEVER...much to my surprise I got an e-mail from the second designer I applied to inviting me to be on her team! She is a new designer, so her store isn't real big yet, but she has such cute stuff! I'm so excited to be on a team!

Chris doesn't "get it", he's not nearly as excited as I have been all day, but lots of my digiscrapping friends are excited for me, so that's good enough.

I have already completed and turned in my first Layout for a kit that will be released in stores on October 30.

I guess we'll see how the application for the 3rd team goes, but for now, I will just say, YEA ME! :)

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel!! I'm so excited too! And my husband doesn't get it either. :)

    ReplyDelete