Sunday, September 6, 2009

September 6, 2009


I know, I know, this is totally a picture only a mom with her first child would take, but hey...what's a girl to do?

As you all know by now, Church is not Bubby's favorite thing, in fact he is making it somewhat a non-favorite for his Mommy too. He semi survived Sacrament Meeting and Sunday school, but he wasn't having the last hour of church. I finally gave up, and let him just crawl himself silly in the halls. I figured if he crawled around enough, he would wear himself out and then take a really good nap when we got home.

We "crawled" the halls for quite awhile. While we were in the halls I ran into our neighbor who is the Nursery Coordinator for our ward. She invited Keric to snack time and singing time in the Nursery. I know he is still a little young, but I figured what the heck, he's only about 3 months off. So we went to Nursery for about a half hour. He LOVED it!

He sat so nicely up at the table in his big boy chair and waited very nicely for his snack. He of course ate all of his snack and then some! He did have a little trouble with the cup of water they gave him to drink, he dumped it all down the front of himself, but hey...what do you expect when all you've really had is a sippy cup or a bottle to drink from. Guess we'll have to work on drinking from the "real" cups before November rolls around.

He also played with the kids, which he has always loved doing. He is not at all shy around other kids! Adults, sometimes, kids, never! I was actually a little surprised at how well he was keeping up with all of them, despite the fact that he was the only one still crawling! After they picked up toys then they got to color a picture while they waited for their mom's and dad's to come. We had a little trouble keeping the crayons out of his mouth, but he colored his picture all by himself, and dare I say, I'm fairly confident he's a lefty! Score one for mommy!

Here he is after church with his picture, and yes, I proudly hung it on the fridge too.

2 comments: