Saturday, September 5, 2009

September 5, 2009


So remember our garden that we planted like WAY late in the summer? We pretty much thought it was a bust, because the snails and grasshoppers did a pretty good number on it, but actually we have seen a few little surviving things here and there that are actually growing.

I wanted to plant cucumbers, because I had this vision in my mind of canning pickles like my grandma makes. Well...we only had about one cucumber plant survive, and a few days ago there were a couple little tiny cucumbers on the vine. Being the experienced gardeners that we are, we hadn't checked on them in quite awhile, that is until tonight.

Chris came bringing in two HUGE cucumbers, yes, that IS a cucumber! Obviously they will not be made into pickles, because I don't know where I would find a jar that big! I guess it's a good thing Chris and Mae like to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment