Sunday, March 15, 2009

March 15, 2009



We have the nicest neighbors! Today Chris and I had to speak in sacrament meeting, and after church one of our neighbors knocked on our door and gave us some homemade bread, homemade strawberry jam, and the nicest note!

Later in the afternoon I received two e-mails from friends in our ward telling me that they also enjoyed my talk.

I always struggle with speaking in sacrament meeting. I worry that I get too personal, and tell too many "secrets" about myself. It's the only way I know how to write a talk, share personal experiences, but I always wonder how it comes across to the people I am speaking to. I am glad my talk is over, and I am very grateful to all the people who gave me such nice and undeserved compliments! You all are the greatest! Thanks for making my day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you guys must have done a great job! Of course I knew you would have. Sounds like you have great neighbors, too. Every time somebody does something like that for me, it makes me feel so good and realize how much better I need to be about doing the same thing for someone else. Mom

    ReplyDelete